Provincial Organizations

In Ontario, there are a number of Programs and Services available to help to seniors (their families and caregivers) who are experiencing or at-risk of elder abuse. Agencies can provide options and support in helping to resolve abusive situations. Listed below, are but a few provincial organizations, that provide information and referrals to agencies which can provide further assistance, specific to the area in which you reside.
To access additional  services and programs in Ontario for help, please refer to the Community Links or the Directory of Programs and Services Database.

 Assaulted Women’s Helpline (AWHL)

Assaulted Women’s Helpline provides a free, anonymous and confidential 24-hour telephone and TTY crisis telephone line to all women in the province of Ontario who have experienced any form of abuse.
AWHL provides crisis counselling, safety planning, emotional support, information and referrals accessible 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

  • Toll-free: 1-866-863-0511
  • TTY: 1-866-863-7868
  • Website:



ConnexOntario provides free and confidential health services information for people experiencing problems with alcohol and drugs, mental illness or gambling. We are funded by the Government of Ontario.  ConnexOntario operates three helplines:


Long-Term Care ACTION Line

The Long-Term Care Action Line is a service to hear concerns and complaints from persons receiving service from Long-Term Care Homes and Community Care Access Centres (CCAC).

  • The Action Line offers service in English and French
  • Toll free: 1-866-876-7658 or 416-326-6777 (outside of Ontario)
  • TTY     1-800-387-5559 or 416-327-4282 (outside of Ontario)
  • Website:


Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority (RHRA)

The RHRA is a not-for-profit organization that oversees retirement homes to make sure the law is being followed. RHRA staff process retirement home licence applications respond to calls about harm to retirement home residents and inspect retirement homes to make sure they meet the law’s standards. If you see or suspect harm or risk of harm to a resident resulting from: Improper or incompetent treatment or care, abuse of a resident by anyone or neglect of a resident by staff of the retirement home, unlawful conduct, misuse or misappropriation of a resident’s money
You must* report it to the Registrar of the Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority, along with any other relevant information.
To make a report, call:

  • Toll free  1-855-ASK-RHRA (1-855-275-7472)
  • Website:


Victim Support Line

 The Victim Support Line (VSL) is a province-wide, multilingual, toll-free information line providing a range of services to victims of crime.
The VSL offers:

  • Information and referral to support services in your community
  • Access to information about provincially sentenced offenders.  You can also register for automated notification when an offender’s status changes.
Skip to content