Brant Elder Abuse Committee
To act as a public educator, as well as a resource facilitator for those choosing to help prevent abuse or rebuild non-abusive lifestyles.
1. To develop strategies to increase awareness and to educate service providers, caregivers, seniors and other community members about abuse of the elderly.
2. To identify community needs, to advocate for and to seek funding for elder abuse prevention and intervention initiatives.
3. To provide an interagency forum to discuss and address abuse of the elderly issues.
4. To review the Term of Reference when needed.
• Community Outreach
• Higher visibility and profile for the Committee
• Spread awareness of community resources
• Support for informal caregivers through media, workshop and /or workplace education
• Promote proactive approaches to Peer Support for Seniors and Caregivers.
The Committee is made up of agencies and volunteers in the community who work together to run workshops and provide advice on resources.
Brantford, County of Brant, which includes Six Nations
Chairperson: Richard Carpenter
Co-Chairperson: Penny McVicar