EAPO has a staff team of knowledgeable Elder Abuse Prevention Consultants, well versed in the field of aging and abuse.
Their roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Delivering training sessions and educational programs to raise awareness
- Strengthening community partnerships to collectively build capacity to respond to elder abuse
- Supporting Elder Abuse Networks in communities across Ontario
- Developing and sharing resource materials
- Planning community events/special project initiatives
- Providing support and assistance to frontline staff to help prevent and respond to elder abuse
Consultants provide consultations in complex cases of elder abuse, focusing on information, referrals and resources. EAPO staff however, are not involved in case management, counselling or providing legal advice for elder abuse cases. EAPO is not an official reporting or investigative service.