Safety Planning with Older Women Experiencing Violence
This webinar provided an overview of violence against older women and safety planning. Faciliators from WomanACT, showcased their new tools and resources, inlcuding the micro-lessons that provide on-the-job training opportunities for practitioners working with older women experiencing violence.
Individuals gained better understanding of :
- Identifying different considerations for safety planning with older women experiencing violence.
- How to apply a trauma-informed and client-centred approach to safety planning with older women experiencing violence.
- A saftey planning guide to older women for supporting older women experiencing violence
- Approaches for prompting a conversation with a survivor about their options.
- Safety planning templates
- Resource map to support systems navigation