Reporting to RHRA: Role and response to protect the safety and well-being of residents
November 2nd, 2023
EAPO Annual Virtual Conference Series, 2023
Ethical and Legal Responsibilities: Reporting Elder Abuse
Session: Reporting to RHRA: Role and response to protect the safety and well-being of residents
This session, presented by RHRA covered the following topics on reporting requirements and RHRA’s inspections process:
* Legislative requirements around reporting matters to RHRA
* Different types of abuse and other reportable matters
* RHRA’s process for receiving reports (including anonymously), triaging and escalating
* Mandatory Reports versus formal Complaints to RHRA
* Mandatory Report Inspections, including how they are normally conducted
* Statistical information about reports received and inspections
* RHRA’s website and online Database, including how to find and interpret inspection reports
Manager, Inspections, Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority
Ben Razulis has been with RHRA since 2012 and currently is the Manager, Inspections (West), a position he has held since June 2021. Previously, Ben held the positions of Inspector, as well as Specialist, Team Lead and Manager of the Complaints and Client Services team at RHRA, overseeing the Intake, Complaints and Licensing portfolios. During his time at RHRA, Ben has been involved in a number of key program development and process improvement initiatives within the Regulatory Operations department.
Prior to RHRA, Ben obtained his BA in Criminal Justice and Psychology at Toronto Metropolitan University, while gaining experience working in the property assessment, government, and financial sectors. Ben is based out of Toronto.